Aditi Mangaldas - Reviews
| What the
Dancer Says | Performances Abroad
| Reviews | Productions
- Aditi steals the show.
- Rhythm and beauty all the way.
- Highly innovative.
- Dazzling Kathak all the way.
- Aditi makes the item a sheer delight. Her innovative
talent was in full cry and even in the padhant she
excelled in rhythmic grip. Her dance had a painterly
vision. Like quick brush strokes on the canvas came the
fleeting images in space.
- By Smt. Leela
Senior Dance Commentator and Critic
The Hindu, India
- Par excellence a classical nayika.
- Her rendition of 'sundara badan sukh sadan' enabled
the rasika to enter her world of Kathak, a world of
imagination and lyrical beauty. She led and we followed
into a new world of Krishna, the lover, the fun guy and
the philosopher par excellence.
- By Shanta Serbjeet
Senior Dance Writer and Critic
The Hindustan Times and India
- The traditional dance form of Kathak has taken a
quantum leap forward. Aditi Mangaldas has given Kathak an
unusual contemporariness extending its stylistic
boundaries and has created waves in the tradition-bound
world of Kathak.
- Dressed in saffron robes, with the glow of inner fire
burning in the blazing eyes and hands dipped in blood,
Aditi has you at the edge of your seat.
- Flawless dancing, excellent technique, arresting
movements, and a finesse combined with grace.
- By Dr Sunil Kothari
Dance Scholar and Commentator
- Aditi, as I always remember, was never satisfied with
just the technique or the kinetics of dance. She wanted
to explore - the space around her, the energy as a
driving force, the innumerable patterns forming
kaleidoscopic extensions, the colours, moods and just
about everything. Her concerns were of larger images
outside her own little frail being.
- By Smt. Kumudini
One of India's leading Kathak gurus and
(Back to top)